Video player with subtitle options and hardware accelerator
The Reproductor MX Player app for Android mobile devices allows users to play almost any type of media file without the hassle of downloading additional file extensions and formatting devices to decode their media.
A Review of the Reproductor MX
Reproductor MX, also known simply as the MX Player, is an application for Android mobile devices that actually acts like an all-in-one codec tool for video files. People who are frequently watching video files via the Internet know how bothersome it can be. You finally find a location offering you the newest film you've been wanting to see, but its format is something your Android can't play, and so you have to go download three more things just to play it. The MX Player takes care of these hassles by allowing you to have a decoding device for the vast majority of media file types out there. This app should be able to decode the media and to play it in perfect HD format without any hiccups along the way.
One of the best features of this app is that it's actually incredibly easy to use. By simply sliding a few buttons on the interface, you should be able to play practically any type of video file out there. You can also use the program to easily add subtitles for your movies and shows, and to actually edit the font and size of everything as it's playing. As an all-in-one video player, MX Player certainly has its strong points.
Pros and Cons of MX Player
- The app will play a wide assortment of video files
- Able to play all compatible files in full HD, if applicable
- Subtitle and customization options come in handy
- Freeware product yet ads don't get in the way
- Not every type of file will be compatible with MX Player
- Available only for Android 4.0 and higher
- File size is rather large for its use
- Reduced resource consumption
- Improved stability
- Bug fixed
Potentially dangerous permissions
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES: Allows an application to call killBackgroundProcesses(String).
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: Allows an app to create windows using the type TYPE_SYSTEM_ALERT, shown on top of all other apps. Very few apps should use this permission; these windows are intended for system-level interaction with the user.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.